While it’s great to add spice to your life, sometimes the sweeter side of things can be welcomed change. When thinking of salsa, two things usually come to mind; a hot dance and a spicy sauce made with tomatoes. This sweet salsa recipe may change your view of salsa forever…
Using fruit, sugar and cinnamon, this unique salsa recipe is refreshing and a complete change from the more common tomato recipes for salsa. This recipe is versatile and can be used as a dessert, an appetizer at a backyard party or as a snack at the beach- It’s great for anytime! See the full recipe below and let us know if you enjoyed making it by leaving a comment!
2 kiwis, peeled and diced
2 Golden Delicious apples – peeled, cored and diced
8 ounces raspberries
1 pound strawberries
2 tablespoons white sugar
1 tablespoon brown sugar
3 tablespoons fruit preserves, any flavor
10 (10 inch) flour tortillas
2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar
1. In a large bowl, cut and thoroughly mix kiwis, Golden Delicious apples, raspberries, strawberries, white sugar, brown sugar and fruit preserves. Cover and chill in the refrigerator at least 15 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
3. Coat one side of each flour tortilla with cooking spray. Cut into wedges and arrange in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Sprinkle wedges with desired amount of cinnamon sugar. Spray again with cooking spray.
4. Bake in the preheated oven 8 to 10 minutes. Repeat with any remaining tortilla wedges.
5. Allow to cool approximately 15 minutes. Serve with chilled fruit mixture!
We hope you are enjoying your summer and that you may get a chance to enjoy this Tasty Tuesday Recipe with your family and friends. Please let us know if you or anyone you know may have questions on their insurance needs. Have a great day!