First, we want to wish you a Happy Valentine’s Day from Mackoul & Associates! We hope that you have a wonderful day celebrating the love you share with the special people in your lives.
We also want to let you know, that should you get a valuable or sentimental gift on this holiday we can help you insure it.
In order to insure jewelry, you may want to buy an extension on your renters’ or homeowners’ insurance policy, otherwise known as a Personal Articles Floater. Renters’ or Homeowners Insurance Policies do cover the contents within your home, but only up to a certain limit. You would want to buy a Personal Articles Floater to be sure that certain items can be replaced at their full value.
A Personal Articles Floater is a separate endorsement (also known as a rider) that can be added to your homeowners policy for personal items that have a higher value than the limits imposed in your homeowners policy. If you are someone that has jewelry that has high material or sentimental value, like wedding or engagement rings or heirloom jewelry, a personal articles floater would be a good idea for you.
How to insure a valuable gift:
- Collect your receipts and any paperwork from the jewelry purchase.
- Have the value of your jewelry attested to by an expert appraiser.
- Take a photo of your jewelry to submit with your documents.
- Call us at (516) 431-9100 or submit a quote request online and we will walk you throught the process of insuring your jewelry.
What other valuable items can be insured using a Personal Articles Floater?
- Furs and related clothing
- Fine Art – paintings, lithographs
- Certain Musical Instruments
- Fine Silverware
- Golfer’s equipment
- Cameras and related equipment
- Postage Stamps
- Rare and current coins
Call us at Mackoul & Associates, Inc. at (516) 431-9100 to discuss endorsements, amendments and credits that can be added to customize your Personal Articles Floater Policy.