Holiday season is here and with that comes the excitement of holiday parties! One of the most anticipated holiday parties for employees is their annual office holiday party. Whether you’re new to the office party experience or want to brush up on your office party etiquette, below are some holiday office part tips to keep in mind this holiday season:
- Meet the bosses. Depending on your company, you may not have the opportunity to meet upper management often. Introduce yourself to them at the party! This is a great opportunity to become visible to your organization’s management team. Get in the holiday spirit and mingle with people from other departments too!
- Don’t flake out. If you rsvp, it’s important that you actually show up. Not only is it rude, but it doesn’t give the best professional image if you back out at the last minute.
- Eat, drink and be merry! It’s important to have fun but remember to do so in moderation. If you plan on drinking, make sure you secure a ride home from a designated driver beforehand.
- Dress appropriately. It’s a party, but it’s still an office party. You want to choose an outfit that is festive but still portrays you in a professional light.
- Thank those that organized the party. They likely put in a great deal of effort hoping you would have a good time. Sending them a personalized thank you note is a nice way to express your gratitude.
- Have fun! Go into the party with a festive attitude and celebrate the holiday season with your co-workers and managers. You’ve worked hard this past year, so it’s important to bond with your co-workers and reflect on all you’ve accomplished!