Cranberry Casserole is a delicious and easy side dish to add to your Thanksgiving dinner.
Sometimes when you get caught up in the hustle and bustle of your daily routine, you forget the small things in life that really make you happy. Thanksgiving is a day devoted to recognizing everything in life that you are so lucky to have, but you may sometimes take forgranted: your family, your friends, shelter, good food etc.
Here is a really delicious and easy dish you can enjoy with everyone at your Thanksgiving dinner table. All it takes is cutting up some apples and mixing some ingredients together. No matter how many trays of Cranberry Casserole I make, this is one dish that never has any leftovers.
Here is what you’ll need:
3 cups chopped apples, unpeeled (Granny Smith is my favorite)
1 1/2 cups of Quick Cooking Oats
1/2 cup chopped nuts (Go for walnuts on this one)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 stick butter
2/3 cup flour
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit (or 375 degrees
- Combine the granulated sugar, cranberries and apples together in a casserole dish (preferably one 9 x 13 or two 8 x 8 dishes).
- Topping: In a separate bowl, mix together the oatmeal, flour, brown sugar, and chopped nuts.
- In another separate bowl, melt the butter. Then pour it into bowl to mix with the oatmeal, flour, brown sugar and chopped nuts.
- Sprinkle the oatmeal mixture on top of the cranberries and apples in the casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered for 60-90 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
We hope you’ve enjoyed this Tasty Tuesday recipe and that it helps you prepare for your Thanksgiving feast. At Mackoul & Associates, Inc., we wish our great clients and colleagues a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend.