Halloween is a fun time for everyone, but it’s important to stay safe. We put together some of our top tips to keep safe this year.
- Swords, wands, and similar costume accessories should be short, soft, and flexible.
- Children should not trick or treat alone. Travel in groups or with a trusted adult.
- Add reflective tape to costumes and hem dragging fabrics.
- Check all treats for choking hazards and tampering before eating them.
- Use only hypoallergenic and non-toxic makeup. Test a small spot before applying on the entire area.
- Plan your trick or treating route beforehand.
- Only trick or treat in familiar neighborhoods.
- Wear fitted masks, costumes, and shoes to avoid blocked vision, trips and falls.
- Eat only factory-wrapped treats and don’t eat homemade treats made by strangers.
- Enter homes only if you’re with a trusted adult.
- If an adult isn’t present, children should travel with a cell phone.
If you want to learn which trick-or-treat pranks are covered under insurance and how to protect your property with the right insurance coverage, click here.