If you are someone who spends a good part of their day slumped over a computer, did you know that slouching can cause many health related problems?
Straighten up your act! We don’t mean this in a do-it-or-you’ll-be-grounded type of way, but as a method of improving your posture while you are sitting at your desk five days a week (and sometimes more!). Proper alignment of your body can make you look and feel better.
Being mindful of your slouching can better your health by:
- reducing back and neck stiffness and pain
- helping digestion
- increasing your energy
- optimizing your breathing and muscle performance
Read these 9 Techniques to Improve Your Posture
if you sit in front of a computer for most of the day:
- Make sure you invest in a supportive chair. If you spend enough time sitting, having a good chair can make a big difference in your comfort level.
- Invest in a good pair of shoes that support your whole body.
- Keep your feet on the floor.
- Keep a small gap between the back of your knees and the front of your seat.
- Adjust your backrest to support your lower back.
- Relax your shoulders and keep your forearms parallel to the ground.
- Keep the monitor at eye level to avoid bending the chin down.
- Make sure your elbows should be at a 90-degree angle while using a keyboard or mouse.
- Try to take a short break every hour.
Improving your posture will help you avoid back, neck, and shoulder pain and can decrease headaches while improving your self-esteem. Good posture promotes a good body thus improving breathing, joint protection, and appearance.
We hope you’ve enjoyed this business tip. Remember, if you have any questions about your insurance, contact us at Mackoul & Associates, Inc at (516) 431-9100 or (866) 622-5685. We are standing by to help you.