Mackoul & Associates wishes you and your family a Happy Labor Day! Check out our 8 tips for throwing a successful Labor Day BBQ.
Our office will close at 1 pm today and will be closed all day Monday in observance of the holiday, but we will reopen on Tuesday, September 4th at 9 am.
What are your plans for Labor Day weekend? If you plan on throwing a BBQ, below are some helpful tips to make your party a success!
8 Tips for Throwing a Successful Labor Day BBQ
1) Guest List – Invite a diverse crowd to add fun and spontaneity to the group. Guests who generally may not socialize together often find parties a great opportunity to step out of their comfort zones.
2) Menu – Keep in mind the dietary restrictions of your guests. Plan for those that are vegetarian or have food allergies. If there are guests that don’t drink alcohol, make sure you buy some alcohol-free beverage options.
3) Music –Play music and plan your playlists ahead of time. Think about the music tastes of your guests and mix it up with different genres.
4) Shop Early –Shop for all your food, beverages and decorations ahead of time. You don’t want to have to run to the supermarket the morning of your party to find out they are sold out of what you are looking for.
5) Get Creative – Don’t be afraid to try something new, like ordering unusual foods or playing unconventional games. Unexpected moments can add excitement to the atmosphere and keep guests talking about your party for years to come!
6) Prepare –Start what you can a night or two before the party. By hanging decorations and prepping a few dishes the night before, you’ll save yourself time and stress the day of the bash. When your friends and family offer to help, let them. You don’t have to do it all yourself!
7) Host – Accommodate your guests and make them feel comfortable. Introduce those who may not know each other, and talk to your guests about common interests. As the host of the party, it’s up to you to make sure everyone is having a good time.
8) Relax and Have Fun!Parties can be stressful, but the purpose is to have fun and to spend quality time with your friends and family.